- 1 x 8″ (200mm) cone long-throw driver
- Low level inputs, dedicated LFE input
Wharfedale | Floorstanding Speakers – Diamond 230
” A total foot tapper, it shows just how enjoyable a budget speaker can be ” – HI-FI Choice
Quite simply put, the Wharfedale Diamond is one of Wharfedale’s most successful speaker series, if not one of the most successful hi-fi speaker series ever. The Diamond Series has broken the mould for combining award winning sound quality unforeseen at this price.
- Transducer complement : 2.5-way floorstanding speakers
- Enclosure type: Bass reflex
- Bass driver : 165mm woven kevlar cone
- Midrange driver : 25mm soft dome
- AV shield : No
- Height(on plinth & spikes) : (938+25)mm
- Width : 196mm
- Depth(with terminals) : (306+28)mm
- Net Weight : 17.8kg/pcs
- Gross Weight : 21.2kg/ctn
- Cabinet Finishes : The diamond 230 is available in Black Wood veneer with a high-gloss black baffle.
From 1982 Wharfedale Diamond has meant one thing – impeccable performance at an affordable price. Today we are pleased to bring you the latest series of loudspeakers from Wharfedale that aspires to this tradition – Diamond 230.
Foremost in the design criteria for Diamond 230 is the ongoing research into loudspeaker driver sound quality. The speaker series uses Wharfedale’s famous woven Kevlar cone form, drawing influence from the flagship Jade Series.
The Diamond 230 boasts the latest in hi-fi technology to produce a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience. Semi-elliptical ‘break-up’ areas on the woven-kevlar woofer smooth the response through the audible range and the cone edges are treated with a unique diamond pattern moulding.
Aside from computer assisted modelling, and true to Gilbert Briggs’ ethos behind his original Wharfedale loudspeaker designs, hours of listening tests by Wharfedale engineers are carried out to fine tune each speaker in the series.